Chocolate Tahini Cups
Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Naturally Sweetened
We're sure most of you are used to cooking with Tahini in savoury dishes, but have you ever thought of adding it to desserts? The nuttiness of the tahini pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of the rice malt syrup…and let’s not forget the richness of the raw cacao powder! All you need is a handful of simple ingredients and you're left with a wholesome and delicious treat!
We'd love to see your creations by tagging us on Instagram @goodiesandgrains
Makes: 6 | Time: 10 minutes + freezing
- Line a muffin tray with 6 cases (silicon works best)
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil, cacao powder and rice malt syrup over low heat. Spoon evenly amongst the cases and place in the freezer to set
- Blitz the cashews in a food processor until a rough powder forms
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and rice malt syrup over low heat
- Transfer to a medium bowl and combine with the blitzed cashews, cacao, tahini, vanilla and salt. Mix well
- Spoon the mixture in each case and press gently to create an even surface. Return to the freezer for a further 20 minutes
Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
Purchase all the Goodies & Grains ingredients needed for this recipe from your local Foodland, IGA, independent health store, or online!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.