Lentil Soup with Dukkah
As the weather cools down, there's nothing more comforting that a big bowl of soup. Our Lentil Soup with Dukkah is the perfect week-night meal. Simply chop all your veggies, cook with tomatoes and lentils, then sprinkle Dukkah on top!
to stock up on Goodies and Grains Dukkah.
Serves 4 | Under 1 hour | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Gluten Free
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
- 1250ml water or vegetable stock
1 1/4 cups raw lentils, rinsed
1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Goodies and Grains Dukkah
- 3 tbsp parsley, for garnish
- 4 tbsp yoghurt (dairy free if required)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, celery and carrot until soft; about 10 minutes.
- Add water (or vegetable stock), lentils, tinned tomatoes, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 30-35 minutes, or until lentils are cooked.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree. Divide soup amongst four plates and garnish with dukkah, parsley and yoghurt.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.