Spiced Berry Crumble Tarts
It's that time of the year again, and we couldn't be more excited! We've been busy in the kitchen developing some new plant-based festive recipes for you...
Makes: 10 tarts | Under 1 hr
- 240g ground almonds
- 170g plain flour
- 75g coconut oil
- 140mls pure maple syrup
- 160mls plant milk
- pinch sea salt
- 150g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 375g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 star anise
- 1 ½ tbsp corn starch
- pinch of salt
- Place all the pastry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a dough forms. Roll the dough into a ball, cover and transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and grease a 12-hole cupcake tray with coconut oil. Remove the dough from the fridge, measure 3 quarters and place the remaining quarter back in the fridge (this will be used as the crumb)
Roll 1-2 tablespoons of the dough into a ball and place into cupcake holes. Use your hands to flatten the dough around the cases and mould into cups, ensuring there are no holes. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place all filling ingredients into a medium saucepan, heat on medium and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Once the cases are cooked, spoon 1-2 tablespoon of the berry filling into each tart and crumble with the remaining dough. Return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the crumble is golden.
Serving suggestion: enjoy as is, or with a dollop of ice cream, yoghurt or custard!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.