Swiss Bircher Muesli & Raspberry Chia Jam Pots
Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
These ‘Swiss Bircher Muesli & Raspberry Jam Pots’ are the perfect on-the-go breakfast if you’re short on time and need a quick grab-and-go option. Just spend five minutes prepping them at night and you’ll end up with a wholesome, delicious and nutrient-dense meal to kick start your day. The combination of oats, nuts and dried fruit not only tastes rich and creamy, but also provides an abundance fibre, healthy fats and antioxidants to keep you going all morning!
We recommend preparing the jam and muesli in the evening, and transferring to a jar/container in the morning. This will give the muesli time to soak and thicken. Alternatively, you can soak the oats for around 30 minutes if eating straight away.
Makes: 3-4 x 250mL jars
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- 2 cups Goodies Swiss Bircher Muesli
- 1 apple, grated
- 2/3 cups + 1 tbsp. coconut yoghurt (or sub for natural yoghurt)
- 2 ½ cups milk (cow’s/almond/coconut/soy)
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey (add more if you’ve got a sweet tooth!
- For the jam, add all ingredients to a small saucepan and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes, until it beings to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- For the bircher muesli, add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate the muesli overnight (or 30 minutes if eating straight away). The oats will begin to soften and absorb the liquid. If soaking overnight, you may need to add more milk to prevent the mixture from drying out.
- The jam and bircher muesli can be stored and refrigerated in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Need an extra protein hit? try adding a scoop of your favourite protein powder with the bircher muesli ingredients before soaking.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.