Apple Crumble Muffins
Crumbly, sweet, spiced muffins? Yes please!
If there's one thing you're planning on baking this week, it has to be these delightful Apple Crumble Muffins...
Makes: 10 | Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Goodies and Grains Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup apple, diced into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 175 °C and line a cupcake tray with cases
- Combine the dry ingredients for the cakes in a bowl and set aside
- Combine all ingredients for the crumb topping in another small bowl and set aside (massage the solid coconut oil to form a crumb)
- Add the apple sauce, maple syrup and coconut oil to a bowl and whisk to combine
- Finely dice the apple and combine with the dry ingredients for the cakes, then add the wet mixture and gently fold through (be careful not to over mix)
- Divide the batter amongst the lined cupcake tray and sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of the crumb mixture on top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.