Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
It’s hard to think of anything better than the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts. Much like the well-loved taste of Nutella, our Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Tart is the ideal dessert if you’re looking for a healthier, yet equally indulgent sweet-fix. Despite being made predominately from raw nuts, seeds and oats, this tart is nothing short of flavour. The chocolate ganache centre is incredibly rich and silky, and perfectly balanced by the subtle chia seed-speckled hazelnut crust. We think it’s pretty clear that this tart ticks all the boxes in terms of health, taste and appearance…it’s a definite show-stopper!
Notes & Tips:
- The tart filling requires the cashews to be soaked for at least 1-2 hours (or overnight).
- We recommend using a tin with a removable base, as this makes it a lot easier to remove/serve the tart.
- It’s important to let the tart set in the freezer before serving (at least 1 hour), this will allow the ganache to thicken and hold its form.
Serves: approx. 12 slices (using a 23cm diameter tin)
- 1 cup Goodies Cacao Powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 1-2 hours, or overnight
- 4-6 tbsp. pure maple syrup (depending on your sweet tooth)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ - 1 tsp sea salt
- 5 hazelnut stevia drops (optional)
- ¼ cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- For the base, begin by greasing your tart tin with a light layer of coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil and place into a high-speed food processor along with the remaining base ingredients.
- Blend until the mixture is finely ground/combined
- Transfer the mixture to the tart tin and evenly press the crust into the base and sides
- Place into the freezer for approximately 20 minutes, or until the filling is ready
- For the filling, place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth and silky (the cashews should not leave any chunks)
- Pour the filling into the base and return to the freezer for at least 1 hour
- Once the tart is set, decorate with chopped cashews and hazelnuts and serve (feel free to mix up your decorations, maybe try some fresh fruit, freeze-dried raspberries or flowers).
We would love to see if you recreate this recipe at home by sharing on Facebook or Instagram and tagging @goodiesandgrains #goodiesandgrains.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.