Chocolate & Tahini Brownies
Gluten & Refined Sugar Free
Everyone loves brownies! These brownies are dense, rich, moist and delicious. These make a decadent treat and I guarantee they will bring a smile to your face!
Disclaimer: Brownies are always better the next day. I know, I know.. what sane person can have brownies on their kitchen counter and can resist the temptation until the next day? But trust me....it is worth it.
If you can't manage that; at the least let them cool completely in the tray –otherwise you will end up with hot, soft, crumbly mess!
Makes approx. 16 brownies
100g unsalted butter
150g dark chocolate
50g Goodies unhulled tahini
3 eggs, beaten
250g coconut sugar
40g corn flour
80g rice flour
30g Goodies cacao powder
1tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp Goodies Himalayan fine salt
- Preheat oven to 160oC (fan-forced) or 180oC (conventional);
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm tray;
- Melt butter and dark chocolate in a mixing bowl over a pot of boiling water until smooth (ensure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water);
- Using a spatula, fold the unhulled tahini into the mixture and set aside to cool;
- Add the beaten eggs and vanilla essence into chocolate mixture until well combined;
- Sift the corn flour, rice flour, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl, then add in the coconut sugar;
- Add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined;
- Place the batter into the prepared tray;
- Dollop the tahini on the top of the batter and swirl with a knife, then sprinkle the coconut chips on top;
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes
- Leave to cool prior to serving.
Recipe provided by @chefferyskitchen
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.